Student Posts

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday 2.8.11





Last week we looked at a lot of amazing images West African kente cloth designs. Then we analyzed some of them using color and pattern. Students created a title for their kente image, using the colors and shapes to tell a story. Today, Isabell shared some of the kente designs she created over the weekend, such as "Colorful Women"- they were bright and beautiful. Sarah, our wonderful student teacher, talked about a design she created that told a story about where she grew up in Pennsylvania. She talked about how she represented meaning, such as triangles for the mountains and the color black to show maturation (growing up, maturing). Then, students went off and started their own designs, paying close attention to shape and color to tell their own story. They are looking stunning!

Today's HOMEWORK:

- Write the story of your kente design (*you may also continue your design or create another)

- what do you think are fair and logical consequences if we do not...
1- do transitions that are quick and quiet
2- start work right away

- read for at least 40 minutes and fill out your reading log NEATLY and COMPLETELY. Your reading log should include some of your thinking, such as I'm wondering... or I'm thinking...I can't believe...I have a theory...

-Your writing draft must be complete. Tomorrow a partner will read your draft and make comments.

-Find out your parent's email address(es)

- *If you are reading this, please post a reply or comment about what you will be working on during project time tomorrow...

2 comments:

dantesbbooks said...

i like the blog espically pics from last year. And I cant belive how diffrent I look. I am exited to do more on the kentie cloth project. I was thinking about the colors I will use but I dont remeber the colors, so I will wait to tomorrow, so I can see the colors. -Dante Rivera

P.S. you are the by far most best teacher i ever had.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog and when did you take the pics I LOVE doing the kenthe cloth project I think I will ether do the sports channel or work on my society-CECELIA mcAndrews


p.s.I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE KENTHE CLOTH PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!